Search This Blog

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Godiva Truffle Bars: Caramel Apple Pie in Milk Chocolate


This is my third review, which is about what the title says. I have never heard of this brand of chocolate but my mother recommended and donated it to me. I would now like to publicly thank her. Ahem. Thank you Mother for recommending and donating me this bar of chocolate  We will start with an interview.
1. Interview 
Kandy King: Mr. Truffle Bar, I have never seen or heard of you until today, so will you please tell me a little about yourself?
Mr. Truffle Bar: In 1926 Godiva was founded in Belgium-
KK: Wait I thought Switzerland makes chocolate and Belgium makes waffles.
MTB: I will now clarify to the world that Belgians DO NOT live off waffles! Seriously, we've got to eat another things, don't you think?
KK. I suppose. Anyway, I was born in Switzerland and as a child, I practically lived off chocolate. Speaking of which I think this interview and your life are both over. In you go!
2. The Six Senses
A. Seeing: a 4 (1x4) squared (thick squares) bar with a capital letter "G" on each piece
B. Feeling: Regular hard milk chocolate
C. Smelling: Regular milk chocolate, but not a trace of caramel or apple
D . Hearing: See Interview
E. Tasting: VERY creamy milk chocolate... thick rich sweet caramel... tartish cinnamony apple jam
F. Yiddish: Fantastish!
3. Overall Rating: 9 out of 10
4. Ingredients: Milk Chocolate (Sugar, Cocoa Butter, Chocolate Liquor, Skim Milk, Milk, Butteroil, Soy Lecithin (Emulsifier), Natural Flavor,), Heavy Cream, Sorbitol, White Chocolate (Sugar, Cocoa Butter, Milk, Skim Milk Soy Lecithin (Emulsifier), Tocopherols (Antioxidant), Natural Flavor) Sorn Syrup, Sugar, Dried Apples, Invert Sugar, Natural Flavor, Soy Lecithin (Emulsifier), Malic Acid Cinnamon.   
5.  Company: Godiva Chocolatier 
6. Hechsher: OUD
7. Cholov Yisroel Status: This Truffle Bar is NOT Cholov Yisroel.
Note: This flavor is possibly a seasonal item, I am not sure when it is available
This is the Kandy King signing off








No comments:

Post a Comment